Magnesium is an essential mineral for health, strength, and longevity; it functions as the required bio-inorganic catalyst in over 350 enzyme reactions.
Watch this Webinar on Magnesium: An Undervalued Essential Nutrient
Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body. It is a cofactor in more than 300 enzyme reactions, including energy production, DNA and RNA synthesis and protein synthesis.
- Magnesium balances the actions of calcium.
- Calcium helps contract muscles while magnesium helps relax them.
- Calcium assists in nerve firing and magnesium helps end the nerve signal.
- Calcium encourages blood clot formation while magnesium prevents platelet aggregation.
- Magnesium regulates calcium channels, thus limiting the amount of calcium inside the cells. Too much intercellular calcium can lead to spasms.
Calcium’s image is tense, rigid, brittle, “calcified.”
Magnesium’s image is fluid, smooth, relaxed, flexible.
Magnesium is the anti-stress, relaxation mineral. It is good for body systems that are too tight, cramp easily, and need to relax.
- Magnesium supports cardiovascular health by helping maintain normal blood pressure and normal cholesterol levels.
- Magnesium helps the heart maintain a normal rhythm.
- Magnesium is required for normal insulin function to maintain normal blood sugar levels in the body.
- Magnesium is required for normal bone structure and strength.
- Magnesium is essential for normal mental health. Anxiety is increased by magnesium deficiency. Headaches, even migraine headaches, can be partially caused by a shortage of magnesium. A shortage of magnesium can be a contributing factor in depression.
- Magnesium is essential for pregnant women to avoid preeclampsia (a dangerous condition of high blood pressure, water retention, and seizures).
Magnesium is depleted in perspiration and utilized at a faster rate during stressful situations, requiring higher intake.
Magnesium Complex is a blend of four bioavailable forms of magnesium: magnesium succinate, magnesium taurinate, magnesium malate and magnesium aspartate.